Monday, September 8, 2008

American Village

Birk and I got together for a day trip to American Village which is pretty close to where I live (Kadena Air Base) and where she lives (Camp Foster). I went there Friday night with the whole snorkeling gang but it was dark and I couldn't see much.








Plus there was a huge ferris wheel I wanted to ride. The whole area is full of shops basically for tourists. I need to learn more about some of the spots I could go visit. I'd like to take some tours too. I talked to Lance Corporal Watson's Air Force roomate and she was telling me about how she just took a tour of the WWII battlefields. There's an awesome looking underground cave I'd like to visit too sometime.







I met Birk at Camp Foster and then we took a taxi to American Village. We walked around and went to a military surplus store. It really wasn't much. Just old military items that were all worn out. There were some cool fight pilot helmets but that was about it.










The ferris wheel is huge. It only cost about 6 bucks a person to ride. It's on top of a small shopping center. Three floors of little shops full of little trinkets, clothes and such. On the outside are small cafes and resturants. The views from the top are awesome.




























Birk is afraid of heights. She was terrified most of the ride. Haha. Silly Birk.

No comments: