Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dress Uniform Mondays

I work with the Air Force in an Air Force building so I have to follow Air Force rules. A new rule the Air Force has come out with recently is that they need to wear their dress uniform on Mondays. That means the Marines at AFN will also follow this rule. That means a day of walking around with shirt stays (elastic bands that keep your shirt tucked in and are also a pro at removing leg hair). This also gave me a chance to look at some people's "stacks" (the ribbons they have earned). Here are two people from AFN.










I wondered what his ribbons all meant so I looked them all up. From left to right as follows: Scuba Diver, Parachutist, Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal-1 star (means he earned the ribbon twice), Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Unit Commendation-1 star, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation-2 stars, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal-4 stars, National Defense Ribbon-1 star, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal-1 star, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism, Korea Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Navy Sea Service Ribbon-2 stars.

I'm sure I managed to screw that up somehow. I need to look up how the stars work. I think the bronze translates into silver or something. It's also very hard to see. I just wanted to show the stack and how it works.

No comments: