Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon

Sunday I went over to Camp Foster to hang out with Birk. She's still in that JRC. I don't know what it stands for but it's receiving for the Marines that come to Okinawa. She needed a day away from the perverts from the sounds of it. I guess some of the Marines don't care about her "comfort bubble". Stupid Marines can't respect a females space. Birk and I left and walked to the Spot. The place with the Internet cafe I talked about earlier. We both ate some Pizza Hutt. They don't have very good breadsticks, by the way.

After that we hopped into a taxi (even though we could have easily walked) to the PX. I need new green shirts and I also need to get my dress blues blouse fixed and put new buttons on. I guess they sell uniform items in another building. After some ice cream at Baskin Robbins we went to the movie theatre, which is actually very large but only one screen. We saw the House Bunny. The movie is about a Playboy Bunny who is kicked out of the mansion and in order to find some place to live she becomes a house mother of a failing sorientity. She does her thing and makes the girls all popular... but at what price? It really wasn't so bad. I liked it, I guess. It had the redhead from Superbad in it. The one that Seth (fat one) wanted to kiss, Jules. She kinda looks like a sober Lindsey Lohan. Sorry, I like redheads, if you didn't know.

After that we went into the PX again and I saw the Jewish chaplin from a week ago. He had me give him my e-mail address. Even though I don't live on Camp Foster. Haha. Oh well. Then we toured the little shops around the PX and went into a small mall of stores.
This is Habu Sake. Habu is a poisionous snake in Okinawa. It's 4600ml, 35% alcohol and costs $650.00. Yikes!














Here is me next to some of the vases they sell there. They look very impressive. There was an auction going on too. I didn't bother to go in. In the case you don't get it... Life Cereal... "It's Mikey he likes it!" I made this shirt a few years back. I also made a shirt that had me on a box of life cereal but an ex-girlfriend took it and never gave it back. Grr.

There were a lot of these blood red carvings around. A lot of them were of Buddha but there were dragons, dogs, even some Marine Corps stuff too.




























There were a lot of shells around too...

















Not your standard letter opener.
















Oh God. Each and every one of those blades is sharp... and being sold to Marines. I can only imagine how many people get hurt with these.

Look at me. I'm so cool. I'm in Japan and within a week I'm playing with Katanas and nunchucks.

















This was the largest Buddha I saw. I still need to find out why they are all red.

1 comment:

Politics of a Patriot said...

Those vases are *gorgeous* and the snake totally creeped me out.

Looks like you and your eclectic clothing are having a great time. :)