Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Going Away Party

AFN (American Forces Network) had a going away party for two of our airmen who will be deploying, Staff Sergeant Bock and Staff Sergeant Ripple. We went to an Okinawan buffet paid for by the command. Everyone who I work with was there.

The buffets were full of Asian foods.

Most everyone from work was there. Even Gunnery Sergeant Stare was there for a few minutes but I think he had to either get back to the station or see his wife. The only person I don't remember being there was Staff Sergeant Early.

I tried to sample everything from the traditional white rice and curry to tofu, fish on pizza (they also like corn on their pizza because it makes it sweet, I guess?), some sort of green jello, milk cake (coconut), powdered green tea rice cake, beniimo (a sweet jelly made from beans), a lot of soba with pork, some mahi mahi (a type of fish) and chicken teriyaki.

From left to right: Watson, Appel, Masafumi Fukumoto aka "Mickey-san" (a Okinawan maintainer who helps out the Air Force guys), Staff Sgt. Woolston's wife, Staff Sgt. Woolston, a suddenly camera shy Corporal Todd Hunter and the back of Staff Sergeant Bock's head.








A rare picture of Air Force Master Sergeant Harvey and his wife. He's normally pretty camera shy but I think that he posed for a picture just because of his wife. He's the #1 Air Force guy at AFN. He's in charge of all of the maintainers. The maintainers do what their name suggests: keep things running and fixing the stuff that breaks down.

KC said he really liked this picture of himself and his girlfriend Castillo. I had a great time hanging out with them and Malta that night eating all sorts of odd dishes and watching them drink wine that "tasted like feet".

Finally, I'd just like to prove I was there. By the way, ever notice how prove has only one "O" in it but it makes the "oo" sound. Stupid English. Anyways, KC and Malta wanted me to be included in the memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My roommate and I think Canada should be something different. I think it should be Invisible Mexicans or Northern Mexico.

-Jordan