Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Marine Corps Ball

November 10th marks the 233rd birthday of the Marine Corps. It's celebrated every year at parties all around the world. I was Jessica's date to her company's ball because KC and Malta didn't want to go to ours. Oh well. It started off with a ceremony inside the building. There was marching, a few band members were playing music, and the General Legeune's birthday message is read (a document that dates back to 1921). We also watched a video from out commandant General Conway and Sergeant Major Kent talking about the enemies we face. All really motivating stuff. What could be any more motivating? Food. I had some very delicious chicken.

After eating there was dancing. Everyone was looking like they were having a good time, everyone was drinking and having fun. I had to work the next day, they didn't. By the time the dancing had started was when I usually lay my head down to sleep. So unfortunately, I wasn't a lot of fun for Jessica but I did dance some slow songs with her. She looked very beautiful in her blues. I even got to show off my new ribbon and rank.

No comments: