Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Promotion

First of all, I'm not allowing Malta to take anymore pictures. He just cannot take a good picture with my camera. Grr.

When I got home after winning the concert I had to get the blue off. I was being promoted that day in about 8 hours. I had time to sleep a little and get my make up off. In the shower I got most of it off. It turned all my body hair blue but after a lot of scrubbing I got that off. When I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and my ears and top of my head were still quite blue. I had taken a long shower too! I knew I had to q-tip my ears so I did that for awhile and got the paint off. I then scrubbed and scrubbed my head but it was taking too long. By this point, I was pretty scared. My gunnery sergeant hadn't been so happy with me that week and I would be promoted by my first sergeant (my gunny's boss) and my captain (the officer of my company) - in other words - I COULDN'T BE BLUE! I did the desperate and unthinkable. I called the people I work with. No one was picking up. I stopped by Castillo's room but she and KC couldn't help. I took the emergency number out of my wallet and called the new corporal, McAdam who would be promoted the same day as me. I woke him up at 2am. He was pretty angry and after explaining everything he seemed to understand but told me there was nothing he could do. He didn't know of any magic cures for de-bluing. So basically, I made the new guy mad and wasn't anywhere closer to normal. I kept scrubbing for an hour and eventually just went to sleep.

I woke up and looked in the mirror and I still kinda looked blue. I took a long shower and I think I got most of all the blue off. KC had a radio show he had to do because there's always someone who does the radio show on Saturday so he was my ride. Malta came too. They didn't think I looked blue. I guess I got it all. Castillo came by with doughnuts and drinks.

We did the radio show for awhile and then Corporal McAdam and Corporal Hunter came in. They noticed I didn't look blue and said I was stupid for calling. I just told them I was scared and desperate. We drove to the officers club and the party for the Marine Corps ball was set up. It was a very small and unspecial ceremony. I didn't have any of my friends around. I was the first to be promoted. I had gunny promote me.

I now am a lance corporal in the US Marine Corps.

Sergeant Hunter made a lot of sense when he said this driving back, I never feel any different when I have a birthday, but everytime I get promoted I do.

True words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats marine

-Jordan

Politics of a Patriot said...

Congratulations!

Bean527 said...

haha, im glad you got the blue off!!

and congratulations on your promotion sir, and thank you for answering the call. =]]

Semper Fi!!