Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Commercial

We did another commercial because the other commercial might offend the man who sells the rug who is from Pakistan and sounded just like Malta's Indian accent.

KC came up with an idea to have another character steal Malta's character's clothes and do the rug sale pitch and then having a clothless Malta run across the screen trying to catch the thief.

KC wanted me to the thief.

I wore Malta's tight shirt which was super tight on me, they put a mullet wig on me and a mustache and had me do my lines in a southern hick accent. After telling people when and where the rug sale would be the camera would zoom in on my face and I'd yell "It'll be as neat as NASCAR!"

The commercial involved more work with the green screens and some help from Staff Sergeant Woolston. Even RachH chimed in. She had been watching us film it when she realized the camera was centered on my, eh, shorts. So we lifted the camera up and reshot it all.

We did plenty of takes and everytime I jumped off the table that the rug was on I swore I was going to slip and fall.

Now it's on television all the time and I'm already be recogized as the "Neat as NASCAR" guy.

No comments: