Sunday, November 2, 2008

ETWS

There is a store near base called ETWS. Now the directions to find this place look easy to find. A simple right turn down a street called "Hamby" and you'll see it. The directions I could find made it look quick and painless. My roommate, Jessica and I tried to find it one day and we had to give up. A week later I went again with my roommate and his "friend" Brooke and after driving all over the place we gave up. I ended up finding a cab driver and getting directions that way. I went through the store and found a Blue Man mask, even found a bald cap and blue paint. Something would have to work. There selection was kinda limited by that point. It was only a few days before Halloween. I bought a lot of the blue paint and left.

When I tried to put on the mask I realized that my head was just too big. It was a struggle trying to get the eyeholes to come down. I was seeing through the nose.

The bald cap was interesting. It made me look bald enough. I'm sure with the blue paint it would have worked but something about it I just didn't like. It was kinda tight but I think that was the point. Malta was making me laugh and was trying to "artist" or something because that picture came out bad. DINFOS would be ashamed.

I thought to myself, "My hair would only take a few weeks to grow out anyways. Why not just shave it? I never have actually shaved my head and pretty soon I'll be too old to do crazy things shave my head for the fun of it." I called and asked Jessica if she'd get mad. She said she'd just tease me. So I did it. I then went a step further and got a shaving razor and got it down to my skin. Completely bald.

The blue paint I would try out Halloween day. I talked to Means who was in all sorts of plays and she said to put 2 layers of it on and it should be fine. I thought I'd be good. I ended up with one of my most favorite but simplest costumes ever.

2 comments:

aahler said...

lol, yay! nice costume.

Politics of a Patriot said...

You look... sort of... "tougher" with your head shaved. hahaha